Friday, June 27, 2014

june budget

1. Loft Chambray Blouse [seen here]: originally $55 + 40% off = $33
2. ASOS Blouse [seen here]: $60
3. Forever 21 Necklace: $5 + giftcard = $0
4. Loft Pleated Blouse [seen here]: originally $50 + 40% off = $27

June Spending: $120

Quarterly Budget: May ($110) + June ($120) = $270 left for July

My plan for the summer was to spend a bit less in May and June, and save up for July, and I think I'm doing alright! We are going to Seattle in two weeks, and I'm visiting a college friend in NYC the week after, so I wanted to save up for all the shopping experiences I will have there that aren't possible where I live.

That being said, I'm very excited about the pieces I decided to keep from the large orders I put in online. I did decide to keep the lace/crochet top after trying it on with a pencil skirt - I definitely see myself wearing it a lot as it has a higher neckline, which will be great for patient contact days this coming school year and beyond. The necklace was a style I've been looking for for a long time, so I was excited to find an inexpensive option, especially since I had a gift card from when Forever 21 opened in our mall here (it replaced the Gap though, so I'm not too excited about that!).

In addition to my budget purchases, I also purchased this watch. I wanted to gift myself a little something for finishing my first year of medical school, and I originally bought this dress from Madewell but it ended up being a dud on me (although they have shorts in the same pattern that are currently on sale that I am so tempted by!). Since I've wanted this watch for so so long, I finally decided that it would make sense to get something I would actually use for many years to come. The watch was out of my intended price range of $150 or less, so I found this guy on eBay for $150 less than retail price. To say I'm madly in love with it is a slight understatement ;)

So looking towards July (and unfortunately the end of summer!), who knows what will happen. I'd love to visit some smaller boutiques in both Seattle and NYC to get something unique that will always remind me of those trips (if you have any suggestions, please comment below!). I also just ordered both this glittery and this pair dual tone pair of sandals from Target to try on - I love that type of simple sandal and I find they wear well, especially for the lots of walking I anticipate. Target is currently having a buy one, get one half off sale if you are interested in getting a pair (or two) for yourself!

I hope you did alright sticking to your budget this month. If you blog, please link up below (and make sure you link back to this post so your readers can read other people's shopping adventures) and if you don't, I'd still love to hear how you did, what steals you found, and how temping those holiday sales are ;)