Saturday, July 5, 2014

adopted

We moved to America when I was five, and as a permanent resident but not a citizen, I like to think of myself as an adopted American. I have lived here long enough (most of my life) that I've taken on the language, the customs, and the holidays of my adopted country. Of course, there are parts of me that misses Germany (mostly the fact that my whole family is still there, and the food!!!) but I'm thankful that America has welcomed me with open arms.

Happy (belated) Birthday 'Merica - you don't look a day over 238 ;)

DSC01127
DSC01081
DSC01130

Skirt: J.Crew Factory [current adorable pattern]
Tank: Everlane [exact - so so comfy!]
Cardigan: J.Crew Factory [exact]
Necklace: Forever 21 [exact]
Bag: Madewell [save | exact]
Shoes: Madewell [exact]
Watch: Michael Kors [exact]

DSC01070

DSC01063
P.S. The last time I wore this skirt was the day I renewed my permanent resident card....freaky.