Tuesday, September 16, 2014

do the peg bundy

DSC02570 I love leopard print, but in very small doses.

Belts? cute.

Shoes? yes please. 

Clutches? adorable.

But leopard print in giant doses always feels very Peg Bundy to me, so even though this shirt is actually a bunch of poppy flowers, it looks like a leopard print from far away. I tried to tone that down by wearing it with other neutrals (no red shoes this time!) but I'm always unsure about it. Maybe if I ever find that perfect maroon pencil skirt (which thanks to Barks and Baking, this J.Crew Factory version, currently on sale, is now heading my way!) it'll feel less Peg and more Fran. 

Or I'll just embrace the Peg. All I need is a little more hair teasing and a better push-up bra. 

DSC02608
DSC02563
Skirt: thrifted
Belt: Gap
Shoes: Banana Republic - currently on sale
Watch: Michael Kors
DSC02538
DSC02545
So if you're like me and like leopard in small doses, here are a few leopard calf-hair shoes currently out there. I own the Madewell version (found on major sale last year) that I love - it's the perfect way of adding just a little bit of sass to an outfit ;)