Thursday, September 18, 2014

dr. brandt's laser fx review

DSC02738

I've always had a mild obsession with skincare products - I feel like I've been looking for that miracle product for as long as I can remember (my first love was st. ive's apricot scrub when I was in 7th grade - I thought it was magic). I've never had really horrible skin, but through the years I've had various concerns. While I'm no longer dealing with that many break-outs except for ones in what I call my study zone (where I rest my head on my left hand while reading), I'm still dealing with the residuals marks from over the years. I also turn 27 this weekend, so I'm slowly starting to notice a few more wrinkles here and there. While I've always tried to be very good about taking care of my skin (washing it every night, sunscreen when I go outside), I was really starting to think about how I need to have a more thorough approach to getting the skin I want. All of this is to say that I was very excited to be given the chance to try out Dr. Brandt's newest skin care line Laser Fix, a brand I've been asking for samples of for years every time I go to Sephora.

DSC02733

I received all three products for the line, each specified for a different concern:

  • Bright Serum: This is far dark spots and uneven skin tone, something that I would say is my main concern currently. It contains hyaluronic acid to help plump the skin and even it out.  I've been using this every morning before putting on my moisturizer and makeup. 
  • Perfect Serum: This serum is made for diminishing wrinkles and lines. I use this one at night before using my Kiehl's Midnight Recovery oil. It recently won Cosmo's Best Anti-Aging award!
  • Lift Serum: This is designed to firm your skin, and improving your skin's elasticity. I'm saving this one for when I get through the other two bottles. 
I've been using these products for two weeks, and I personally can see that it's helping me. I don't think that it's something that really shows up in pictures yet (which is why there are none of my stunning makeup-less face), but I'm planning on using these products until they run out. If the results continue to improve like they are currently, I can definitely see myself purchasing another bottle. I feel like the bottles themselves will last quite a long time, since you only have to use a little bit to cover all of your skin.  As of now, I'm using less make up, and feeling better about the upcoming birthday since I have possible new miracle products on my side ;)

DSC02741

A big thank you to Dr. Brandt for sponsoring this post. I can't wait to see how much this helps improve my skin concerns!