Monday, September 22, 2014

infinity scarves are so out

DSC02689

I read an article the other day discussing what trends are no longer "in". I generally don't think that I'm too trendy of a dresser - I never got into wedge sneakers, shredded tops, sheer maxi skirts, and so on. But apparently infinity scarves are no longer in, and to that I say ...infinity scarves were a trend?

Next you're going to tell me that ballet flats are no longer cool to wear either, and trench coats are so last year.

So I wore my favorite infinity scarf in protest, because the people who decide what is in/out are going to have to pry them from my cold dead hands before I stop wearing them.

On the topic of scarves though, I was looking at pinterest recently and found this pin of Blair. I had one of those "I NEED" moments about her scarf - it just looks like the perfect, soft, warm scarf that can be worn with just about anything. I was fairly disappointed when hers was no longer available, but it seems that Calypso came out with a similar style this year. I still haven't decided on what I would like to spend my saved up birthday money on, and while I was thinking possibly getting ankle boots, I almost think that in the long run, a scarf (while stupid crazy expensive) may be something I will still own in years from now, rather than a more trendy ankle boot that is also likely to wear out quicker. Thoughts? I always use my birthday money as an excuse to get something I wouldn't usually spend that much money on, but is a outrageously expensive scarf just too absurd?

DSC02693
DSC02715
Blouse: H&M 
Scarf: H&M [inexpensive similar]
Pants: The Limited [exact]
Watch: Michael Kors [exact]
Shoes: Madewell [exact]
Tote: Madewell [exact]
Glasses: Warby Parker [exact]
Belt: Gap
DSC02691
madewell sidewalk skimmer calf hair
via instagram
P.S. don't forget to link up tomorrow for our Blogger Bloopers!