Friday, October 24, 2014

bop it

DSC04377
twist it.

return it.

During Shopbop's Friends and Family sale last week, I used store credit to purchase a rose gold Michael Kors watch, and a soft cream sweater from Madewell. Thanks to their 2-day Amazon Prime shipping, they showed up super quick! I've been wearing the watch non-stop - I love that it's so different from the rest of my watch collection with it's coloring and rectangular face. Unfortunately, the sweater just isn't working on me. It's a slightly boxy fit, and even though it's a longer fit as well, it just leaves me looking overly...fluffy. Without any arm, waist, or shoulder definition, I just kind of look larger than I am. Fortunately Shopbop also offers free returns (within 15 days), so it isn't going to cost anything to send it back. Unfortunately, now their sale is over! dang it.

So now what? Well like I mentioned in my initial post about my partnership with Shopbop, I really want to use this opportunity to add just a few amazing, but also long-lasting, pieces to my closet. A few things that I would LOVE to own include a Vince sweater (that cream shawl cardigan or brick texture cardigan are beautiful!) but I just don't think I can pull the trigger on them, I'm just not at the point in my life where I feel comfortable wearing something so...nice? expensive? I'm not sure, but I know I would never truly enjoy it just because I would worry about spilling something on it or snagging the fabric. Something from Velvet or Three Dots is still pricey, but more on the realistic side of owning for me - I think that contrast open cardigan is just so pretty, and probably super comfortable to wear (and easy to dress up or down!).

If not a sweater, I'm still eyeing the jeans department. I wear jeans almost every day after getting home from school, so adding a soft and stretchy pair to the rotation would be great. I really love the look of the 7 For All Mankind jeans - they don't get too weird with styles, and the colors look really rich and dark.

I still have a few weeks to decide what I'd like to add to my closet, so for now I'm going to just continue to enjoy the watch - she's just so fun! Did you end up ordering anything during the sale, and thereby scoring something great for an even better price?