Sunday, December 14, 2014

top three [12.14.2014]

Medicine
  • On top of of renal, we are also currently taking a 1 credit geriatrics course this week. According to recent statistics, the elderly make up 13% of the population, but are 36% of all hospital cases and take up 50% of all physician hours. Whoa.
  • I don't advise going out and drinking your anti-freeze, but if you were to, just buy a bottle of tequila - the treatment for ethylene glycol (anti-freeze) is ethanol (drinking alcohol!).  (while this is actually true, if you were to get ethylene glycol poisoning, please go find your nearest emergency room and not just start taking tequila shots)
  • The world's largest kidney stone was 13 centimeters wide. The normal kidney is only 9 centimeters wide. OUCH.

On the Internet

Spotted
  • I talked about falling in love with this blouse a few weeks ago, and now that it's half the price it was then, I'm finally going for it. Here's hoping I like it in real life as much as I like it online!
  • Chambray and polka dots just make sense. Wear it with black ponte pants and boots now, and with white shorts in the spring!
  • I've been using e.l.f. brushes for years, but they are definitely showing their age. This sparkly set of 5 is from one my favorite make-up brands (I'm hardcore loyal to their powders!), so pretty, and currently on sale. Please, Santa? 

On Franish

Notable Sales

Personal
  • I upgraded my phone this week to an iPhone 6+. It's ginormous and therefore I love it - I was debating about getting an iPad mini for when rotations start, but this should do the trick just fine. I bought this case for it so that the gold still shows through :)
  • Last day of school is on Thursday! Then it's Christmas shopping, baking, and so much napping for the next two weeks.
  • We had our ugly Christmas sweater party this week and it was a ton of fun. We had some pretty ugly sweaters and then some pretty awesome ones too. We even had the dogs and their ugly sweaters out!