Tuesday, March 31, 2015

spring denim inspiration

I thought spring had sprung here, but I woke up to three inches of snow on the ground today! That's not going to stop me from dreaming about warmer weather though. I feel denim always has a resurgence in the spring because you don't have to stuff them into boots anymore, so more colors (or lack of color!) and styles come out. Here are a few of my current spring insprirations, plus pieces that will get you the same look for under $100 at Nordstrom!

Nordstrom White Jeansone | two | three | four

White jeans are obviously huge every spring, and I'm so excited to start wearing mine (I have number three that I found at Nordstrom Rack a few summers ago). Not only do they go with every color in you closet, I think they look so chic with the neutrals (chambray is a neutral, right?)

Nordstrom Bootcut jeans
one | two | three | four

While skinny jeans are currently the denim that everyone wears, bootcut and slightly flared jeans are universally flattering. I love how they instantly elevate any look, and are a great way to still wear your booties in the spring, or break out your wedges when it's finally warm enough for open toed shoes.

Nordstrom Black Jeans
one | two | three | four

My personal favorite type of denim is black denim - it's so easy to dress up or down, and it always looks good. I've owned several different pairs over the years, and they are always my most worn pair of pants. I keep mine dark by only washing them with the Woolite Dark laundry detergent - I haven't had a pair fade since I started using it. Wear them to work with a blazer, or out for brunch with a black top and cognac accessories. 

Picture Inspiration
White Jeans (clockwise from top left): one | two | three | four
Bootcut Jeans (clockwise from top left): one | two | three | four
Black Jeans (clockwise from top  left): one | two | three | four

thank you to ShopStyle for sponsoring this post!