Monday, April 20, 2015

how to not look like an undergrad at the library

DSC09085
Because our own library has too many rules (including no drinking of water or coffee), we spend a ton of our study time at the more relaxed local college where CR's sister goes to school. We sit in a beautiful large open room with natural light and big wood tables where four of us can sit comfortably with about 15 books and electronic devices between us. Many times we have the room to ourselves early on Saturday mornings, and it's really the place I get the most work done.

I'm close to a decade older than some of the undergrads who study there though, and I think at this point I don't think I can get away with pretending I'm 21 anymore (but please, tell me I'm wrong ;) ). As a general rule, I try to look presentable when I go to the library. I've always been a person who has to change out of pajamas and put myself together before I can be productive in the morning, and since studying is kind of my job right now (one that never seems to end), I put on real clothes. I got this open cardigan a few months ago, and it very quickly has become my most worn item in my closet. I wear a variation of this outfit probably 3 days a week and it's the perfect medium between see through leggings and mini skirts and tube tops (both of which I've witnessed at the library...). 

Oh college, I miss you ;)

DSC08986
DSC09082
Sweater: c/o Shopbop [love this zip-up version]
Tee: Everlane [exact]
Pants: Paige c/o Zappos [exact]
Shoes: Tory Burch [exact]
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington [exact]
Bracelet: gift from my friend Lizzi [very similar]
Nails: Essie [exact]
Ring: borrowed from Rocksbox [use code franishxoxo for 1 free month]
DSC09068
DSC09087
On a side note, Ann Taylor currently is offering 50% off everything! While I don't shop there often because their clothes are typically a little more pricey, I did order several items with such a steep discount. A few of you 3rd and 4th year medical students have recommended a few sleeveless tops for under the white coat in the summer, so I ordered this pretty linen shell (with a high neckline, which is definitely a necessity). I also couldn't resist ordering this dress to at least try on ...it's just so pretty! The practical side of me ordered these grey ankle pants too, just because I am determined to find a pair I like!