Friday, May 15, 2015

good bye, second year!

black shirt dress with cognac accessories
Yesterday was our last day of school! 

Technically we aren't done with second year yet (hello, boards!), but we are officially done with classroom work...forever! That's a pretty crazy thought. Besides the two years I worked between undergrad and med school, I've been in a classroom for 21 years. I love school - I think you kinda have to to go to graduate school. I love the office supplies, I love the learning, I love being stuck with a bunch of people who start out as strangers and become best friends. Although I bitch about sitting at the library for 12+ hours a day, I love just having control over my time, with headphones blasting and coffee in hand. 

It's hard to even quantify how much we've learned in the last two years. I was discussing that with my friend Neel the other day, who mentioned that he was looking through our old anatomy lab guide (from our first class in med school two years ago) and how he had to write in what cyanosis meant. Now that vocabulary, and the concepts behind it, are almost second nature to us. There is SO SO SO much left for us to learn, not only in the second half of school, but throughout our career, but it's really crazy to think about how much we've learned. I always tell people when they ask about how hard medical is, is that this isn't hard - the concepts aren't difficult, you just have to know everything about everything. 

Throughout the past two years, there have been doubts, breakdowns, and tears. I think that's just a part of the process. I'm so thankful for my closest girlfriends, CR, and my parents, for talking me through those difficult times, going on walks when it was time to get some air, and just giving me a hug because I needed it. I was told in the past that I wouldn't be able to handle the first two years of medical school, and I now love that I've proven that statement to be wrong. I'm also glad I only keep supportive people in my life now ;)

Thank you to all of your for your support these last two years. It really means the world to me! 
MICHAEL Michael Kors Jet Set Cross Body Bag
DSC09488
DSC09485
Dress: Old Navy
Cardigan: J.Crew Factory 
Bag: Michael Kors c/o Shopbop [exact]
Shoes: Madewell [exact]
Belt: Gap [similar]
DSC09481
DSC09507
My dress is currently sold out at Old Navy, but they have so many cute dresses right now. If you are looking for an inexpensive summer party dress, this one is adorable, available in 8 patterns in talls/petites, AND is on sale! This polka dot number is my absolute favorite even though I'm not sure I could pull it off. Thoughts?