Tuesday, May 19, 2015

summer simple

Articles of Society 'Sarah' Skinny Jeans
While I don't consider myself a minimalist in the least, I absolutely love the look of simpler outfits, clean lines, and outfits that just look like they came together naturally. I've been working on having a cohesive closet for years now. I used to just own a bunch of clothes that didn't really go together, and over the years I've figured out what works for me and my closet, and how I can mix and match the pieces with each other. It's definitely a longer process (something I'm hoping to write about within the next month! yay free time :D), but one of the biggest things for me so far has been keeping a wish list.

One of the things I do to stay on track with my purchases and making sure I don't just spend money on a bunch of things that don't work with my closet is keeping a list of items I'd like to add. It used to be much longer, but over the past several years I've checked things off the list - items like the perfect white t-shirt, a classic wrap dress, Hunter boots that fit my calves, and a jean jacket. One of those items has been a pair of white jeans. I had a pair I bought a few summers ago, but they are now too big on me so I sold them. When given the chance to try out a few pairs from Nordstrom, it really was perfect timing. I LOVE how white jeans look on others, but wasn't so sure how my thighs would look in them. I tried on several pairs in a bunch of different price ranges and styles - from legging styles to almost $200 styles. This pair from Articles of Society was by far my favorite and the best part was that they cost under $55 - goes to show you that the most expensive isn't always the best. They fit true to size, aren't see through (with the proper undergarments of course), and have a long enough inseam. I'm so excited to wear these this summer!
DSC00251
madewell transport tote
Jeans: Articles of Society c/o Nordstrom [exact]
Blouse: Loft [similar]
Belt: Gap [similar]
Tote: Madewell [save | exact]
Shoes: Madewell [save | exact]
Watch: Michael Kors [save | exact]
DSC00217
DSC00155
Below are a few more easy summer pieces that can easily be mix and matched. My absolute favorite is the olive shirt dress that mayyyyyyy be sitting in my cart...
one | two | three [on sale] | four
five | six | seven [LOVE] | eight
nine | ten | eleven | twelve [a little pricy but sooo pretty]

This is the last post I'll have for the week - my board exam is Thursday and then there are several days of celebrating and weddings - follow along on instagram and snapchat (fhasselhof)! See you next week!

Disclosure: thank you to Shopstyle for sponsoring this post!