Friday, July 31, 2015

jean shopping made easy

striped tee with jeans and cognac sandals Jeans are absolutely my favorite type of clothing. I could wear them every single day, and be fine with never having to wear a skirt or dress ever again. The strange thing is that for as much as I love jeans, I hate shopping for them. It takes me a really long time to find some I like, which is why I rarely buy any. If they fit in the hips, they are too loose in the waist, or if they fit my thighs they are too short, or any one of those combinations.

A few weeks ago, Fitcode approached me to test out their site with no obligation on my part to share my experience. Free jeans that supposedly will fit me like I want them to? Sign me up. 

The way it works is that you take a super short (5 question) fit test to describe your body type, and then it tells you what jeans would fit you best. 

how to buy jeans online


I'm Fitcode 710. The jeans include all my favorite brands like Paige, Hudson, Joe's Jeans, and all the jeans sold at Nordstrom. Once you pick out the style of jean you like, you can even see a video of them on someone with your same fitcode, which I think is genius because we aren't all size 00 models like on most websites. They then show you the different places you can buy the jeans, and for how much. It really takes all the work out of jean shopping for you.

I decided to go with this lighter wash of jeans from 7 for All Mankind just because I've always wanted a lighter pair, and honestly, I'm obsessed. While us girls with thicker thighs are told that dark washes are more flattering (which I do agree with), I think it's okay to mix things up sometimes. These are actually the only jeans I've worn this summer (when it's cool enough to wear jeans), and they really do fit me great. I didn't have to get the waist taken in, like I have with some other jeans I own. The fabric is thick, doesn't loosen up a ton during the day, and has just been holding up really well. 

Like I mentioned, Fitcode did not ask me to write this post, but I offered after having such a great experience with the process. I know how difficult it is to find clothes that fit you the way you want them to, so maybe this will help you out too the next time you are jean shopping!
THE MODERN STRAIGHT IN SLOAN HERITAGE MEDIUM LIGHT
 Halogen® Relaxed Slub Knit U-Neck Tee
Jeans: 7 for All Mankind c/o Fitcode [exact]
Tee: Nordstrom [exact, on sale for a few more days!]
Shoes: Jack Rogers [exact]
Watch: Michael Kors [save | exact]
DSC07822
DSC07847