Tuesday, November 3, 2015

beauty tuesday: paula's choice skin perfecting' 2% BHA liquid

SAM_0771

Since using and falling in love with Paula's Choice Acne kit (full review here) last spring, my skin has been better than it has been in years. Once I ran out of most of the products in the acne kit this summer, and since my skin was no longer experiencing the acne I was before, I felt it was time to try something new. I did want something to keep my skin looking as clear as it was, and then some. Several of you guys have raved about Paula's Choice perfecting exfoliant, so I was eager to try it out. I'm a huge Paula's Choice fan because not only do their products actually work, but they have the scientific research that stands behind it. They also have a whole site dedicated to comparing beauty products, not just their own. Overall, they are a wonderful skin resource, and I'm always eager to try more of their products.

What it promises:
This gentle, leave-on exfoliant rapidly unclogs pores, diminishes wrinkles and improves skin tone for unbelievably smooth, radiant skin.
  • Anti-Aging, Blackheads, Enlarged Pores, Redness, Wrinkles
  • For All Skin Types
  • 2% BHA unclogs & diminishes enlarged pores & builds collagen
  • Green tea extract reduces redness & irritation
  • Dramatically improves skin’s texture for radiant, even-toned skin
  • Clinically proven to hydrate, brighten & reduce fine lines

How to use it:
I use it in the morning, as I use a retinoin cream in the evening. After washing and drying my face, I apply the product to my face with a cotton round. I wait about thirty seconds, and then apply my moisturizer. 

What it does for me:
I think this is a perfect product for those of us past the real acne-filled stage of skin, and now are more worried about anti-aging products. I have found that my skin is a lot softer and more even-toned. My skin overall looks smoother, which means I wear less make up.  The hyper-pigmentation from acne is fading, and I haven't had a real break-out, no matter the time of the month. I have fairly sensitive skin, and haven't had any irritation or redness from using it. Even CR has commented on how nice my skin has looked lately. 

What I don't like:
I have larger pores on my nose, and although it promises a reduction in their appearance, I haven't found that to be true (my dermatologist says that there isn't really anything you can do about that, which is unfortunate). It also irritates my eyes if I get anywhere too close to them (which is my own fault, as the directions very clearly say to stay away from the eye area). 

Would I buy this again?
Absolutely. This is a holy-grail item for me. Prior to this, I used most of my "treatment" products at night. This is an easy way to treat my skin in the morning, and it ensures I always start with a clean fresh face. Since I only use 3-5 drops a day, this one bottle should last a very very long time. The price is $28 for a 4 ounce bottle

I included a side by side of my progression through the Paula's Choice product line. As I disclaimer, I recently started using a tretinoin cream a few weeks ago, but found that I achieved these results before I started using it. I'm also currently a little tanner than I was in June :)
Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid

For you Paula's Choice fans - is there any must-have product you can't live without? I'm currently looking for a mask/weekly treatment, as well as an eye cream, if anyone as any suggestions!