Tuesday, November 10, 2015

beauty tuesday: sephora VIB sale



Sephora is probably my favorite store in the mall. Even on days when I don't find a single sweater/dress/jeans that fit me the way I want, I'm always able to find something I love at Sephora. As we all know, they very very rarely have sales on their pretty (expensive) products. Starting this Friday (the 13th! eek), the code VIB20 will get you 20% off everything! Below are my recommendations of products I love, and the items I hope to buy. 

If you have any recommendations on items or have experience with any on my wishlist, I'd love to hear them!

recommendations
  1. BareMinerals Complexion Rescue: If you are looking for a product that will give you a light-medium coverage, and if you have drier skin that you'd like to look dewier, then the complexion rescue will be perfect for you. On lighter make-up days, I wear it alone, and it is perfect for evening out redness and providing a light coverage. On heavier make-up days, I mix it with my foundation to add some much needed moisture into the mix (see it in my daily make-up routine here).
  2. TooFaced Better Than Sex: Definitely a holy grail item for me! Two layers over a layer of the L'oreal primer are all I need to get thick and long looking lashes. I've been using it for two years, and will definitely stock up during this sale!
  3. Dior Lipglow: A little bit goes a long way. It works with your own lip chemistry to create a color that is both flattering, and unique! It also makes your lips so soft. This is perfect if you are looking into wearing more colors on your lips, or if you want something for days you don't want to wear lipstick (I wear this in the hospital all the time). 
  4. Boscia Konjac Sponge: I've tried all sorts of products over the years to combat the flakiness my skin gets during the winter, from the Clarisonic to scrubs to home remedies. This is the best I've found - best part is that it only costs $15! 
  5. Smashbox Halo Powder: Another holy grail item for me - I've been using it for five years! It provides the perfect amount of coverage, isn't drying, and lasts foreveerrrrrr. 

wishlist
  1. TooFaced Natural Eye Shadow: I've been using the same Stile eyeshadow palette for over two years now, so I'd like to try something new. I love the pretty neutrals in this palette that can be started natural and work up to a bit more vampy. 
  2. Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask: Grace raves about this mask all the time, and after seeing her skin IRL, I'm convinced I need to try it too. The reviews online are just as in love with it!
  3. Dior Addict Lipstick: Now that it's almost winter, it's time to add an ultra-moisturizing lipstick to the rotation. This Dior lipstick has a moisturizing core - the perfect (colorful!) way to get through the cold months ahead. I'm thinking of trying out the "bold" color.
  4. Fresh Face Oil: I got a sample of this a few months ago, and used it every day for weeks. I really liked the way it quickly absorbed into the skin, and helped my rougher patches be not as rough. I've tried a few other oil samples since then, and none have lived up, so it's time to take the plunge and get the full size!
  5. Becca Luminizing Skin Perfector: another item that Grace has raved about, and after not being able to find it in three separate stores, an online order is the perfect way to get this in my hands. I'm going to get it in the travel size first just to make sure it's something I'll actually use, but if looks anywhere as good on me as it does on Grace, the big bottle will be purchased eventually. 

Look out for reviews on some of the above products ...as soon as they show up at my house ;)